View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 05:14 AM   #18028
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: Deep Wizardry (New Millennium Edition) by Diane Duane. I've just bought this as part of the nine-volume set now available.
Good story. The updating is mild. When originally written, commercial whaling hadn't been banned. I thought that this would be a problem in the book, and was surprised to see the whaling incident retained. So I read up on it. It seems that although there's a "commercial" ban, whales are still being hunted in the Atlantic.

Next up: The Man Who Sold the Moon/Orphans in the Sky by Robert A. Heinlein. A Baen omnibus edition.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote