View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

Quote:
I asked because Kindle Previewer is unfortunately not 100% reliable. I tested a (hybrid) KF8 .mobi file with it and when I switched from Fire mode to Kindle mode, it displayed one of the paragraph formats incorrectly. I.e. it looked wrong in the previewer, but OK on the actual Kindle.
Yes, I have found a number of bugs in the Kindle Previewer. For example, in standalone KF8 ebooks, the Table of Contents is not recognized at all (it seems to take it only from the old mobi - which is not there) yet if you load that same KF8 ebook into Kindle for PC 1.9.X or Kindle for Mac 1.9.x or an actual Fire, the Table of Contents shows up just fine.

I have found similar issues with images that are floated and with some tables. So Although the Kindle Previewer is useful, you might want to take a look at what you seen with an actual Fire device and the latest K4PC and K4Mac to see how users will view your ebook with those devices.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote