View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #43
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
And that doesn't even begin to cover the differences between tablets, big laptops, and the gaming tower that I have at home. Let me know when they have 24-inch tablets with surround sound, 8GB RAM, a DirectX 11 video card and six-core CPUs.

And this doesn't just apply to gaming, by the way. Videographers, photographers, architects, and any other profession where large screens and copious amounts of processing power is a necessity to get the job done and keep the revenue flowing, will never abandon PCs for tablets. Not until tablets have evolved so far from what they currently are that they no longer are what we think of as a tablet today.

If all a person ever uses their computer for is email, Facebook and Twitter, then a tablet can probably be enough, but to paraphrase The Onion a little bit, "in the business world, where people use computers to do actual work rather than just ***ing around, it's doubtful that tablets will take over"
I knew a fellow, had a water cooled Dell desktop tower for games. Didn't know such a thing was possible. He swore it though.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote