View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch13 View Post
Not sure whether it is my computer but having trouble with Calibre locking up when I go to save alterations I have made to metadata. Does not happen all the time but very frequent. Must admit that I am running this on my work PC which is running Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed (not a young PC running AMD processor at 1.67 GHz with just under 1Gb of memory).

Has anyone else had this problem?
Look at you HD activity LED,. Is it busy?
1G RAM on XP with Calibre and other programs running will use Swap space (your HD).
High HD fragmentation will add to the delays.
As long as it is running (see processes in the task manager), let her ride.

You might do the 'Library Maintenance' task on the Library icon. There may be damage to the DB from any of those 'kill process' you did.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote