View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #30
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
For taking notes however (meetings, training, etc.), I am still waiting for the "real thing", not gimmicks. In the meantime I'll stick to my legal pad.
I use a LiveScribe smart pen for that. It still uses paper, but it's the special LiveScribe paper that has the little dots on it to tell the pen what page and position your writing to.

Once your notes are in the pen you can save them to PDF files. You can also capture audio that is occurring when you jot something down, and play it back from that point. The audio/image link doesn't work with PDFs though; you need the LiveScribe image format and software to do that.

If you buy an additional software package, it will also OCR your notes and output a TXT file. Since I haven't bought the software, I don't know how well that works.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote