View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
Croker
Connoisseur
Croker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, obv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
you could bring the needed software(ade/calibre) with you on a usb flash drive and run it from that drive.
True, but would they need to be installed on to the flash drive? i.e., would I run the set-up program as normal but use the flash drive as the place to install it to? Or are you advocating copying the program installers to the flash drive, and then installing them to the hotel PC's drive from there?

Secondly, how would ADE's authorisation process work in this instance? Can my Reader be authorised to work with two PCs? I don't want to jeopardise my own library here at home!

Kacir - how long would the repaginating take? This is quite a good suggestion, though! I see you're recommending buying it in lrf format from my own Sony account - I assume to sidestep DRM issues. However, if someone were to buy the ePub version and remove the DRM using INEPT (the ADEPT DRM removal tool), and then email it to me, then surely this would work, too? And without having to let anyone else log in to my account?

I suppose the only point I need clarifying would be to find out if Sony Readers recognise ePub files if they are just drag and dropped on to their internal memory. I'm sure they can, but can anyone confirm?
Croker is offline   Reply With Quote