Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 05:45 AM   #560
eskimo49
Addict
eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eskimo49 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Another Childhood Memory

I've been trying to remember the titles of a series of books which I read in the 1960's.

It was about a group of children (weren't they all in those days), who lived on an island (don't think it was all year round), and had a number of adventures. I think the island was in the middle of the River Thames, near London, but they had the right to produce there own postage stamps. One of the children ( I think the youngest) was nicknamed 'Gunner's Mate' and could make explosives using a mixture of saltpetre and sugar, which came in handy for some of their adventures. They also had a motor launch which I think may have been called 'The Cormorant'.

I can't remember any more about the books.
eskimo49 is offline   Reply With Quote