View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #74
bullet
Rookie Mucker
bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 7. Moto G, Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Linux PCs
I got my Nook Classic at Best Buy 2 weeks ago. It was supposed to come with a Sharper Image power pack of some sort, but they were out of stock nationally and had just taken it off their website. Yesterday the manager at Best Buy gave me a $30 credit since it was still out of stock. I happily accepted since I just hated to turn down a freebie. Kudos to Best Buy. Everyone always seems to complain about them. I was treated more than fairly.

The Nook works great for downloading epub files from the Montana library system. I am using Calibre and Overdrive on Ubuntu 10.10 (wine) and Windows 7 when necessary (DRM stuff). I like the fact that the Classic is a simple dedicated device. Only have to recharge every 4 or 5 days.

I found (and joined ) this forum when trying to decide which ereader to purchase. This forum and the sales person convinced me to go with the Nook. The Sony is nice but too expensive. I am a big Amazon customer but strongly disapprove of the ebook business model ala Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. So the Kindles were out of consideration. There is room for them (Amazon, M$, and Apple) since we have alternatives without them.

This forum was helpful in making my decision and I thank you all. I have also enjoyed reading the various threads here. There are some real experts as well as a few loonies here. It is interesting to read from both.
bullet is offline   Reply With Quote