View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Birds Without Wings, by Louis de Bernieres.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3..._Without_Wings

One of the best pieces of historical fiction I have read, set in a small town as the Ottoman empire falls apart. A very entertaining read, at the same time very enlightening. It carries a very colorful set of timeless characters. I think the author is under-rated and certainly not as well known as he would deserve. I am looking forward to re-reading this book and would recommend it to everyone.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote