View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #40
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper

Quote:
On Tuesday, August 25th, Sony held a press conference at the main branch of the New York Public Library. The event was held in the Trustees Room, a room on the second floor with a marble fireplace, wood paneling, and and tapestries symbolizing the major continents hanging down along the side and back walls. Above the fireplace was a marble plaque engraved with a quote from Thomas Jefferson: "I look to the diffusion of light and education as the resource most to be relied on for ameliorating the conditions, promoting the virtue and advancing the happiness of man."
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54642

This is not not exclusive, of course. But I don't think that we would have Digital Library Systems in the U.S. and in Europe without Sony.

That has not much to do with the T3 now, but I think it points to the direction where Sony hat it's focus, while others had their own closed shopping environment for digital distribution of videogames, movies and applications in mind.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote