View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #43
dentateck
Enthusiast
dentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura aboutdentateck has a spectacular aura about

Device: Nook ST, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Finally got my Kobo Glo in NY! Got it at WORD indie bookstore in Brooklyn and I was actually the first one to buy it from them. Emailed to the store to ask if they had them in stock and lady manager replied with very enthusiastic Yes we do. She said they supposed to start selling them on Thanksgiving but would gladly sell it to me right now. Went there yesterday morning and now for the second day I'm a happy owner of Glo, even finished my first book on it (commuting in those subways and buses a lot).
First impression - it's tinier than I expected, tinier than my Nook Simple Touch and thinner too. I opened device right there in store to make sure I don't have "bright spots" on display as was reported by some people here. It was fine and I'm really impressed how evenly and softly its illuminated. Now I loaded it with 32GB card with a whole bunch of books on it and it takes a looooong while to scan them every time I eject device from my computer which is kinda surprising. In two days that I've been using it for hours it rebooted once when I was in settings trying to find my best font weight/contrast ratio. Other than that it's perfect so far.
dentateck is offline   Reply With Quote