View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Oh man, oh man, oh man. iBooks for Mac is GREAT! For one thing, you can open multiple books at once!

IT HAS TEXT-TO-SPEECH!!!!

And it lets you search the web/wikipedia when you highlight and hold. The menu could be streamlined as there's a MORE button, but whatever. You can also share stuff to e-mail, Messages, etc.

LOVE the Collections feature too. It is just perfectly done. You can show notes in the margin, and show study cards too.

Import your own ePubs too.

Choices of fonts are:

Athelas
Charter
Georgia
Iowan
Palatino
Seravek
Times New Roman

And then you get White, Sepia, and Night color schemes.

With how pluggable OS X generally is, it might be very easy to add fonts and new schemes.

It's awesome though. Very well done. I think I might actually start using Calibre from now on so I can rip my DRM off my Amazon stuff and never have to use THEIR app ever again. It's THAT good.

Here's a screenshot of a page in a book. There are no margin options, but it fills up pretty good. Tells you how many pages are left in a chapter too.

http://cl.ly/image/3e3O0H2S1h47
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote