View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #23157
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
We stood in the windy city,
The gypsy boy and I.
We slept on the breeze in the midnight
With the rain droppin' tears in our eyes.
And who's going to be the one
To say it was no good what we done?
I dare a man to say I'm too young,
For I'm going to try for the sun.
We huddled in a derelict building
And when he thought I was asleep
He laid his poor coat round my shoulder,
And shivered there beside me in a heap.
And who's going to be the one
To say it was no good what we done?
I dare a man to say I'm too young,
For I'm going to try for the sun.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btHdFS98W7s )

Good morning, all! Happy Sunday! It's a great big mug of Keemun tea that starts off this new week, with some grilled Cajun chicken and strange green vegetable stuff on rice beside it. Tastes pretty good...

Looks as if it's going to be another nice day today. Sun's shinning, we'll go strollin, but no wheat fields wavin, nor dust clouds rollin'. What would Woody have done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yup. I have my health, a great place to live, and good food. A job would be nice, but I may just bite the bullet and retire to genteel poverty.
Semi-retirement (retyre-ment?) is wonderful. You can pick and choose what you wish to do! When I have a Kodak moment and the urge, I use the photos for magazine articles. When my travel agent calls, I get to go diving and take some underwater pictures. Once a week now I lead a group of VERY interesting senior citizens though a few hours of conversation in English, attempting to help them make the 'wo' sound of 'wood' (instead of 'ood) and the 'th' sound, neither of which are found in the Japanese language. ("R" is only a problem when written.) It would be nice if I had a few million in the bank, but as long as we can stay one jump ahead of the bills, and have a bit extra for play, life is pretty good!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote