Thread: PRS-T2 Dictionaries on PRS-T2
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
I currently own a BeBook One, but I'm considering a new e-reader.

Since the clicking sound of the buttons on my current reader can be sometimes irritating for my husband, I'd like a touch-screen reader. I prefer a reader that uses ePub, although I have all my books de-DRMed, and might be able to convert them to Mobi.
I'd like a reader that can organize my library according to my Calibre-tags.

So far, it seems that Sony is my best option.

However, I heard that the choice of dictionaries loaded on the Sony readers can be different from one country to another, and that it isn't possible to load new dictionaries on the device.

So my questions are:
- Is it true, that not 'all' available Sony dictionaries are loaded, depending on the country where you buy the device?
- If this is true, where can I find information about which ones are loaded?
- What is the quality of the dictionaries? In English, my passive vocabulary is quite extensive, so I would like very good English dictionary.
For other languages, I'd like to have at least an English/German, English/French and English/Italian dictionary (No need for English/Dutch, just the English dictionary will be sufficient for those English words I don't know yet).

(I know that for the Kindle, you can buy extra dictionaries, but I don't like the Amazon-ecosystem - I have considered the Pocketbook, but afaik, the touchscreen of that device can only be operated by the stylus, no 'fingertip-reactivity')

definetely the best choice for you, sony prst2!
the quality is amazing, in English you have the american and English oxford, and.. the other europeans are super cool. also the Dutch wordenboek is amazing, please do not undervaluate also if you are Belgian
the Van Dale is super Lekker expecially if you want to communicate with a friend and you have in your mind the vlaamse word but not in English( and your phone died already with the batteries)
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote