View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
The battery is connections are not the problem - it needs that number of connections because of temperature sensing and charge condition as well as supplying working voltage.

If the power light is showing red or orange it usually means the battery is not fully charged even if the unit has been on charge for some time. With my EE I find that I need to charge it for at least 4 hours every so often - leaving it on charge overnight won't hurt anything.

It would be a good idea to go back to the Dingo golden update - just remember it wipes everything so make sure you have everything backed up first - to see if it clears the problem. If it doesn't then you will have to open the unit and check the cable connections.

As for finding a circuit diagram or any information about the internals of the EE or PE, I don't think we have much hope - I've had my parts guy looking since I got my EE without any joy so far.

As far as I know there have been a few people that have opened their EEs but I don't remember anyone posting pictures of what they found. There are several pictures of the PE and I assume the cables are very similar to those in the EE.

If you do end up opening yours take care that you get all the screws out first because I think someone broke their e-ink screen because they missed a screw. Also, if you do, could you take pictures and post them?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote