Thread: Classic B&N ebooks store
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I want to buy from B&N when I'm browsing in the brink and mortar store, but I'm not going to be buying from them if it's in a proprietary format that I can't format shift.
You can format shift EReader format books. The DRM has been cracked and the python script html that can easily be shifted to whatever format you desire. ADOBE ADEPT encrypted EPUB is just as proprietary as EReader and is more egregious as a form of DRM because it requires you to register your computer and devices on their server and then download the books using their software. EReader only requires you to enter the password the first time you open the book and allows you to download the books using any web browser. The main limitation on the format that concerns me is the limit on the size of graphics (the format was originally intended for PDA's with small screens and limited storage).
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote