View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Talking Horror story with happy ending!

Last night I was fixing dinner for our cat and trying to read my eBookwise 1150 at the same time.

Dumb idea. It slipped out of my hands and landed right on the floor.

The damage was in the top part where the plug is for the AC recharger - the plastic seemed to be broken and the plug itself was completely gone!

Or so I thought. But - I am lucky enough to be married to a guy who (as he told me while he was pulling me down from the ceiling) knows how to fix this stuff!

While I consoled myself by playing Internet Checkers, he trotted out to his truck, got his trusty tool kit with soldering iron, sat at the kitchen table, took it apart (which made me some more, but he seemed to be perfectly comfortable with it), and - within @ half an hour -

FIXED IT!!!

I recharged it and it seems to be working perfectly this morning - can't even tell that it was damaged!!

What a wonderful guy!
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote