View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #38
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoeki View Post
broken screen = no warrenty
Amazon would give you a discount on a new ereader, Sony won't.
well finally:

Hello Mr......

You have been refunded yesterday April 29 for 99.00 GBP.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,
UK & ROI Customer Services
Sony Store Online
0207 365 24 13 (UK

[ but use option 2 for sales, never use option 1, (service outside of 30 days return window) ]

Let's see now, my thread started 23 feb, it has taken until 30 April, & about 50 emails, numerous threats of legal action [ I gave 30 days notice of intent to file a small claims court claim - in writing] , but finally, it's looks like Sony have given me my money back.

( but to do this they insisted shipping the faulty device back from repair center in Pencoed, back to me, then from me, back to Sales warehouse also in Pencoed ) all at their expense. But apparently it had to be done that way - they could not just walk it around the corner ! & they could not refund unless they are able to bin the broken T3 themselves & not have me do it for them.

The moral here, is don't ever bother to argue with Sony tech support / customer service as they are powerless. Go directly to sales & raise hell with those guys. I'll never know if looking up email addresses for various Sony chief execs & mailing those guys helped, as none were ever answered, ditto for he paper mail letters to head office, but as result is a result, however earned.

A mini survey to close:

1. will I buy another Sony reader ever , after this experience- NO

2. will I ever buy another Sony product - like my next TV /games console - maybe - that would have been NO also if the refund had not happened (although they do make good TVs )

3. will I ever shop online at Sony store website again - you've got to be kidding !, Next time it will be through Amazon or someone with proper customer service.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote