View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #106
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
True in part, but in my limited experience, more accidents occur because a person is going too slow than that people are going to fast. At least as it relates to being in excess of the speed limit or below the speed limit. I have seen plenty of accidents where people chose to merge on to a highway going well below the posted speed limit causing an accident or people just generally driving down the highway going well below the posted speed limit causing an accident.

I can only recall one or two times seeing someone speeding causing an accident.

In the US we like our speed cameras hidden in mobile speed traps (vans) and/or non-obvious positions/coloring. At best a speed limit sign may say "Photo Enforced" below it, but 9 times in 10 that just means that periodically once or twice a month they might park a mobile photo speed trap nearby.

You also have the issue of when they don't work. Granted, the only ticket I have ever gotten was a completely bogus speeding ticket from a real live police officer. However, just the other day I watched a redlight camera snap 6 cars in a row turning on red at a traffic light. There is no turn on red restriction at that intersection (right turn, left for you Brits who drive on the wrong side of the road) and every single one of the cars came to a full and complete stop before making the turn.

That is at least 6 drivers who are now going to have to show up to court to contest a ticket they never should have gotten, nor would a police officer have issued, as I am pretty sure they are all going to get mailed fines.
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote