Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #131
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this bug: When I buy a book that is on my wishlist, once downloaded it shows the wrong file size in the library listing. I probably shouldn't let this worry me, the filesize is pretty much useless information anyway because it is often more a measure of the size of the cover than the length of the book, but there is a workaround.

I think the problem might be that when a book is added to the wishlist, a virtual book is created in the database which has a small filesize, just enough for the synopsis and other details. Then when I buy that book, the real book replaces the virtual book but the filesize is not updated in the database.

A workaround is either not to add books to my wishlist, or do the following:

1. Remove the book from the wishlist
2. Sync
3. Turn the device off then on (not sure if this step is always necessary).
4. Buy the book.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote