Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 05:35 AM   #129
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
From what I remember seeing in discussions about ligatures in unicode font sets and why the fj ligature which is found in a couple of English loan words was not supported, the consensus was that ligatures should be supported in software and not in the font itself.
Thanks - very interesting indeed! Fontin used to be my favourite font, until I ran into this ligature problem on the Kobo. In fact, after reading your post I have checked again and "officer" is being rendered as "o cer", i.e., it is using the ffi ligature and not ff as I initially thought (in the source epub there are no ligature characters). I may add the ffi ligature to Fontin to get around this problem. In fact Fontin is the only font I have found so far which has this problem, especially with the word "officer" (common enough in the military history fiction I tend to read).
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote