View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #135
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
[QUOTE=new;2358890]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post

Sears stopped selling sergers. Which is where I got mine, it was actually a serger made by a Japanese company (can't remember) so don't look there, lol.
I would get the bigger KFHD if that is what you like, why not? Between the SGP5 and KFHD seems like you got it covered for everything.

In another thread I mentioned I force closed Audible and my battery life is great now on the KFHD. I used The Advanced Task Killer for that. I like it better than the Gsam battery for killing apps, it was too confusing for me. I guess everyone is different on what Apps they end up liking.
Happy New Year!
Good news is that I finally decided to discuss buying a KFHD with my husband and he agreed that buying a KFHD for home use is a good idea. We decided on the (16GB)7" because when all is said and done, I will basically use it as an ereader and the 7" form factor is best for novels IMO. I'll try to save money on a cheaper cover although I think that I should get the fast charger as well. (Side question: have you ever tried to use a wallpaper app on your kindle? - a friend's daughter asked me this one, I'm not really interested - I'd guess that it wouldn't work as it would interfere with the ads?)

I read your comments about audible/task killing and battery monitor - that should help. Some apps are just really good and it saves time to hear what other people with similar taste use. I want to try Audible's free book offer, and I'll do it on the SGP5.

So, I guess that's it for now. Can't wait to see my goodies next week. It'll be a busy time setting up 3 devices (SGP5, KFHD and my parents iPad). The iPad seems like the biggest challenge because the closed nature of the system doesn't facilitate side-loading. My (step)father is in his late-80s and it may be difficult for him to use.

I should also test the Sansa Clip Zip out (have to remember to bring media on a mSD!). Have to see what I can do with Dropbox. Lots to do....but it is great fun!

I've had my Bernina "Bernette" serger for over 20 years now, and I bought it (slightly) used. I have sewn lots of jersey/ stretch and used it daily for many years. I just can't justify replacing it when it continues to work well. Not like techie stuff ) Nothing short of amazing! My Bernina sewing machine did have a small problem. I cannot get Bernina service here so I replaced it with a local (well, German Pfaff) brand in case I needed service. Will probably do the same thing when the serger needs replacement. I have actually started sewing a top this week!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote