View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #24
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I'd suggest the "All-of-a-Kind Family" series by Sydney Taylor. It's a children's series about an immigrant Jewish family in pre-WWI New York City. It incorporates, in a natural fashion, a lot of information about the religion and its holy days/celebrations.
Thank you for posting this! I read & loved this series in the late 60s. Every so often, something would make me think of it, but I could never remember the name, and all my googling produced nothing.
tamborine is offline   Reply With Quote