Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #191
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
True, if you know what your reading.
But what "average end user" can spot the difference between "opt" and "/opt" ?

Keep in mind, the "average end user" here is probably only familar with a multi-root OS that labels the roots with C:, D:, etc.

It might be possible to convince me that those directions are as clear as they could possibly be, but at this point in the conversation I still think they could be improved.
An average end user will not even know that an /opt directory may exist outside of what he perceives as "the Kindle". Come on, either you speak of an experienced Linux user with auto-usbnetwork on, and he IS able to spot the difference between a relative and an absolute path (and should be able to correlate steps 2. and 3.), or you don't.

You are free to suggest improvements. Instead, all you do is split hairs in a way which is even internally inconsistent, and then say "it's bad, and it's even getting worse afterwards". That is the exact opposite of the constructive criticism which I gladly take into account.

End of rant.

Last edited by ixtab; 06-01-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: typo
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote