View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 02:30 AM   #124
Fozzybear
Enthusiast
Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Nothing can compare to the 'original' Tom and Jerry cartoons, the later ones are awful! Just got hold of the blu-ray set of the first 37 shorts... mmm, T&J in high definition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladyleyna View Post
Kids as young as 6 are familiar with mobile phones.

When I was six I didn't even know what a mobile phone was. Now, my kids shout "Angry Birds!" and ask to play games every time I take my phone out.
When I was six mobile phones were in their very infancy - nothing more than walkie-talkies really. This piece from the BBC's Tomorrow's World programme in 1979 showing the start of proper mobile telephones was actually filmed in my home town and I went to the polytechnic it was shot in (the Anglia Polytechnic in the middle of Chelmsford... recently demolished though). A guy I worked with a few years ago had been in the team that developed it at Marconi, also in the town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vix6TMnj9vY

Last edited by Fozzybear; 03-23-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Fozzybear is offline   Reply With Quote