View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool a few answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieone View Post
how do I get books to go back to Kindle, with the fixed up authors names?

I don't get the part where Calibre syncs with the Kindle. Or does it? I did not find anything about that in the video.

And, will the art that I was able to get for the books also carry over to the Kindle? <--not necessary, just asking. That part (getting the cover art and the tags) was really easy and intuitive.

I'm curious if the books will now fit in, alpha, by last name. I'm keeping them in FN, LN format, because I like it that way.
first, in calibre you need to check the box labled 'use author sort for author'. this box is located in preferences->input/export->Output Options->MOBI Output. this will make the mobi file you send to the kindle sort in last name, first name order by the kindle.

to send your books to the kindle you can do so by following emalvick's instructions on how to do it over the usb connection.

to make a cover you added with calibre part of the file that goes to the kindle you must convert it after adding the new cover, even if that conversion is just a mobi to mobi conversion.
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote