View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Anybody see Anonymous?

I have to say that I am a adamant Stratfordian and this was certainly not history but it was an excellent movie. I only wanted to throw tomatoes at the screen a couple of times. Rhys Ifans was amazing and so was the guy playing Ben Johnson. My only problem is people, being people, are going to believe this as fact instead of fiction.

Fact: Shakespeare went to Grammar School. This meant Latin grammar. It was actually more of an education than elementary schools today, at least in certain subjects. The man could certainly read and write.

Fact: The man had a son named Hamnet (that's only one letter off, you know)!

I am not much of a scholar but those more scholarly than I have made more/better arguments why Shakespeare wrote Shakespeare. I think the Oxfordians and other anti-Stratfordian camps believe what they believe because they want someone more glamourous to have written those plays. They can't believe an ordinary, middle-class guy could do it. You don't have to be it or know it first-hand to write it or they would be no Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

Anyway, it was a beautifully made movie despite the premise.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote