View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #22
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
OK, this gets more and more weird. Last night both of my devices show as incompatible. Today I tried to search from my HD+ again and Swype Trial and Swype showed up in searches where they didn't before. I looged onto the Play Store from my computer and pulled them up and they now say " This app is compatible with some of your devices." when I click on the little list, it still shows both of my devices, the names are exactly the same, but my BN LLC BNTV600, my HD+, now has a check, where it had an X before.

I've been rooted for months. The only thing I did differently was install the Extras zip yesterday. But I tried searching after installing that and rebooting and still showed as incompatible. Maybe it just took a while for something to show up correctly between my HD+ and the Play Store after I installed the Extras. Also, this morning, before searching, I pulled up my stock Home screen and went into the Stock Play Store app rather than the Play Store app from my normal, rooted, screen/launcher. Maybe they show up differently even though I didn't show any new devices under my Play account.

Either way, this behavior was very strange. I'm going to go get Swype while I can.

I'd be curious to know what may have caused this change in behavior if anyone has any ideas but it seems to be working for me now.

Thanks.

- Byron

PatNY, I didn't see your post until after I'd posted this one originally. It sounds like I was starting to wonder about the one thing you mentioned. It just took a little time. I installed the Extras zip late yesterday afternoon and the added compatibilities started showing up sometime overnight I guess. They weren't there last night but were this morning. I've installed the Swype trial and all of the others you mentioned are showing as available. I'm currently rooted and running 2.1.1, which I think is the latest firmware.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

- Byron

Last edited by bfollowell; 09-07-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: addition
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote