View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #10
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, Robots, Blue things and others (they knoweth whom they be);

If you love chocolate and growing plants, the following may be of some interest...

A gorgeous-looking plant, with very deep brown flowers that really, yes really do smell of chocolate - saw one at a garden centre, yesterday - if we didn't have cats I would have got one to keep indoors...

Cosmos atrosanguineus
"Formerly called Bidens atrosanguinea and comparatively unknown, this tender Mexican perennial is now a fashionable late summer highlight in warm borders, as much for its scent of vanilla and hot chocolate as for the dusky brownish-red blooms. As with most cosmos varieties, the blooms resemble small single dahlias, and its culture is similar too, for it has a tuber which, in mild gardens, may be planted at least 15cm (6in) deep and left in the ground with winter protection, or is more usually lifted in autumn for drying and storage."
Dangerous news indeed. Does this mean I have to tell my two year old daughter, and my wife, that there is a chocolate tree?
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote