View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #32
cakiran
cakiran began at the beginning.

Device: Bluefire reader, samsung galaxy s3
Not giving split lines for the sample epub you uploaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
The anchor needs to be a tag with an id attribute. It's not required, but <a> is common:
Code:
<a id="split_here" />
Once that's in place, you need to edit the toc.ncx to add that anchor to the TOC.

Assuming that I added the anchor above to file "OEBPS/file0004.xhtml" I'd need to add an entry to the TOC that looks something like this:
Code:
<navPoint id="split_here" playOrder="99">
   <navLabel>
      <text>split_here</text>
   </navLabel>
   <content src="OEBPS/file0004.xhtml#split_here"/>
</navPoint>
I'd want to put that right after the navPoint for "OEBPS/file0004.xhtml"--or in the correct place in order if there are other anchors in file0004 that are in the TOC. Ideally, playOrder would be updated for the whole TOC list, but EpubSplit doesn't care.

(If you don't have another other anchored TOC entries for OEBPS/file0004.xhtml, you could put it at the end of the navMap tag as the last navPoint tag, but that's a bit ugly.)

I've attached an example.
I used the example epub file that you uploaded and ran it through epubsplit to find the split lines but it just outputs one line

output file: split.epub

and exits no split lines being output. I would expect to see an additional line added to the split lines for the new one we added. Am i correct? So that I can find out the line number and input it to epubsplit to split the epub on that basis. Am i wrong in this assumption?
cakiran is offline   Reply With Quote