View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 03:34 AM   #8
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Quote:
Originally Posted by llreader View Post
Thanks Ben! Too late, I already sent it. A couple of clumsy phrasings actually make it seem more like a real person (rather than a lobby-bot). Good point about "resources" and plural nouns.
I doubt that they'll notice - your letter was excellent.

I just can't help noticing fewer/less because it's one of my wife's pet peeves - one often hears shouts of "FEWER!" at the television in our house, as they (even the BBC nowadays) get it wrong again.

Of course, if enough people get it "wrong", it becomes right, because language evolves over time. Probably a sign of my old age
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote