View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I'm not a writer. Not even close. I write blog posts and essays for school, and that's about it. However, the essay I just submitted for class got a perfect score from a professor who does not give perfect scores, and a ton of compliments. The sad thing is, I accidentally submitted the rough draft! The essay took me all of about half an hour to write.

That's an interesting point you make. How do we know our writing is any good? Sometimes I'm writing and it feels right and looks right, but later I hate it. Sometimes I'm writing and it feels awful, and later on it looks great (to me). We can never be sure of other people's reactions. I remember writing my Master's Thesis (Poetics) over a weekend. Twenty-five thousand words and next to no editing, I got a 76 for it, which put me in place to receive a 1st in the Degree (counting in other work).
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote