View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #14
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I strongly suspect that your default font size set in system display settings is "normal".
The Nook with its native firmware does not allow users to change system font sizes. So I gather what it's set to by default is a "normal" size.

Quote:
What does Mantano do? My suspicion is that it will respect the font size "commands".
There is also a variation in the size of the comments in Mantano but it's a smaller difference. IOW, the small size in Mantano is larger than the small size I am seeing in CC. Also the larger/normal size in Mantano is smaller than the normal size in CC. Does that make sense?

I don't use the book details page in Mantano as often as I do in CC, because I only put books into Mantano that I know I want to read relatively soon. I treat Mantano like my "reading list" whereas CC is my main library. That's what I really like about this dual app setup.

So I edited one of the comments section that was showing up tiny in CC. I deleted all tags that specified the 12 pt. font size. (It still has the div tag.) The comment now shows up normally in CC's book details page.

I don't mind editing all my comments in Calibre to take out all references to fonts sizes. I just wish there were an easy way to do it. When I manually took it out of one part of the comments, it seemed to pop up in another. I finally was able to get all the font size references out, though. But if anyone knows of an easy way to do this (regex perhaps?) ... please let me know.

I'll also know better in the future to pay more attention to the formatting in the comments section. As I said, I ignored this in the past because all my comments in the Calibre interface look the same size on my computer!

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote