View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:36 AM   #79
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
That said, one SF author that I think is massively overrated is Niven. Urgh :/
Ringworld is excellent (and the first couple of sequels), though I don't like his other stuff.

Speaking of overrated, what's the big fuss about Heinlein? Starship Troopers is okay, and I read Have Spacesuit, Will Travel when I was a kid and enjoyed it. But IMO he's not even close to Asimov or Clarke.

Another overrated book is The Forever War. It's alright, but it's nothing special. I dunno. Different blokes different strokes, I guess.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote