View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Looks very interesting, NightBird. Thanks for posting it.

I see one of the writers is Edmund Crispin. It's funny, but up to a couple of days ago I had never head of him, and now his name has come up twice.

He was mentioned in the play on BBC Radio this week, Strangers on a Film (should still be on BBC iPlayer), which was an imagined conversation between Raymond Chandler and Alfred Hitchcock, about their attempted collaboration on the screenplay of Hitchcock version of Patricia Highsmith's Strangers on a Train.

It seems Crispin wrote a story which inspired the climax of the film, the scene where Bruno and Guy are fighting on an out-of-control carousel (merry-go-round).

I made a note to see if any of his books are available as ebooks. Bloomsbury must heard me.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote