Thread: Request PDF Functionality
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
aidren
Edge User

The heck of it is, Boris, that I don't even own a commercial ebook yet! The PDF books I have are rather obscure, old, public domain material that, some of which, I have spent much time building TOC's and annotating, which I now lose when moving back and forth between the eDGe and my desktop. I have figured out a work around, but it IS extra work, done on the desktop, staring at a backlit lcd, which is killing my old eyes.

Basically, it is comparable to me sitting in my living room with a printed book, making pencil notes and adding my little coloured page tags, and being told if I want to move to the kitchen, I have to remove all the tags and erase all of the pencil marks! And it's MY book. They're taking my free book and locking it up.

I suppose my only hope is if a "wonderful open source person" (I LOVE the Open Source/FSF people) creates something that solves the problem. Honestly, I think Adobe should have code within their software that recognizes material that is open and allows, AT LEAST, adequate, full featured export.

Adobe is a Dirty Word in My Book... and getting dirtier, daily.