View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
seg527
seg527 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Living abroad but someone in USA buying material

Hello! I am VERY interested in getting a Nook Color. I need to explain my situation, and then ask a few questions.

I am currently living in the Dominican Republic, but my credit card is registered in the USA with a USA billing address. From my research, I believe I can not purchase anything from BN.com from the Dominican Republic because of my IP address.

However, I have someone (my sister) in the United States who would be able to sign into my BN.com account and purchase material for me online in the U.S.

My question is, will I be able to get this purchased material onto my NC while I am in the Dominican Republic? Also, do I have to use WiFi to get the material on to NC or can I plug the NC into my computer?

Also, if I have my sister purchase a magazine subscription for me in the U.S., will I be able to get each week's edition on my NC?

Basically, I really want a NC, but live in the Dominican Republic. I have someone in the US who can purchase things for me when needed, but I want to make sure I can access these things (both books and magazines) on my NC from outside the country.

Please I would love anyone's advice on this topic!

Thank you!
seg527 is offline   Reply With Quote