View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #27
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
People in general seem to be able to justify anything that saves them money, or gets them what they want. Sad, but true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan
Yes... the key is making the e-book buying process so easy and affordable that people won't bother to pirate them. Lower prices (and more extensive catalogs) are the most needed to accomplish that.
This sums up what I was getting at.

People can justify anything. One of the biggest justifications I hear about is the fact that people feel ripped off. As I mentioned earlier, here in Australia we pay around $120 for a PS3 game. It's ridiculous and overseas it is much much cheaper. Therefore many people feel as if the producers, retailers, et all are taking advantage and ripping them off. Hence people who would generally not resort to piracy feel justified in doing so.

Most people I know, talk to, read about, etc have no problem paying a fair price for a good quality product. As such, it seems to me, they would be fine with buying ebooks if the price could be justified. At present, paying the same(or sometimes even more) for an ebook can't be justified.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote