View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankymom View Post
Hi all -

The $149 price of the Wifi only Nook has blown my away. I love my Sony 505 and will keep it, but I have a question for Nook owners. If I want to check out a book from my library through overdrive on a Nook, can I check out and download the book directly to the Nook without having to use ADE on my computer? Being able to directly borrow and download books from my libary to an e-reader is my ideal. If there is any device that can do this, I would buy it today.
I have been advise the Nook browser does not have download capabilities. While you may not need ADE on your computer, I believe you need to connected the Hook to a computer to transfer to downloaded titles to it.
I've been able to transfer some by Drag N Drop to the Nook, or the folder I want the epub to go in, and I've been able to access DRM'ed Adobe Epub in the B&N software on my PC, and move it on and off the Nook using that software.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote