View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #3951
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Picky question about how the Dictionary options to "Keep Selection after Dictionary" functions when set to off.

On my 350s, when I highlight a word, bring up the dictionary with a double tap on a word, and then close the smaller dictionary when it's still at the bottom (the short 3 line version, often enough to get the meaning) of the screen, the word remains highlighted.

If I expand the dictionary by clicking on the leftmost icon, and then close it from that full page screen, the words unhighlights as it should. Also if I close the bottom 3 line dictionary by clicking elsewhere on the screen (using the option to close menus by tapping on the screen outside of the menu), the word then also unhighlights there as it should.

It would seem that in the first case, tapping on the X to close the smaller 3 line dictionary should also unhighlight the word. Since I discovered tapping outside of the dictionary window will unhighlight the word, I'm happy with it, but was it intentionally done this way or just not working correctly on the 350s?

As did say it was a picky question!
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote