View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #8
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
If we stop paying authors to write books we probably won't have any new books. Some academic books are funded from research trusts etc, but 99.99% novels are written and published by people hoping to make money out of their writing. Sure, they like writing, but I certainly don't go out and play music all night for free (apart from the few charity shows I do each year). If I play for free it's playing something completely self-indulgent and for my personal enjoyment. If you don't pay authors that is all you'll end up getting. (Try reading most of Satre's literary works to get a preview of authors writing to please themselves!)
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote