View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txomin View Post
Thank you for the quick reply and please forgive my ignorance.

What is Tweak? I've been playing with ebook-convert.
Converting to what format - TXT (i.e. a file with the extension txt) I assume

AFAIK what you see in the EPUB Viewer is what you'll get in TXT output file - but without any formatting/styling or images - the important settings are the TXT Output settings

Given that EPUB is Calibre's native format I would anticipate it might be faster.

If you don't have access to PDF editing software like Acrobat, Nitro etc to do the conversions, then you could try
  1. use MobiCreator program to convert PDF's to PRC
  2. use Calibre to convert the PRC to EPUB
  3. use Sigil to tidy up the EPUB - needed on most books, the Quality Check plugin could also help in this regard
  4. then use Calibre to convert the Sigil'd/QC'd EPUB to TXT.
But if you have a lot of PDF's you would probably save a lot of time if you had Acrobat (you'll need the full product) then you could create the TXT files direct - can't recall if Acrobat does bulk operations. Another possibility are the Nitro PDF tools, some people here have them.

I suggest you steer clear of the "Free PDF to ..." converters unless you get a specific recommendation - as in the case of MobiCreator.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-06-2013 at 10:29 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote