View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #91
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Isn't that the point --- he couldn't cut the lawn his way. With an iDevice he has to cut the lawn in a certain way, and that way usually isn't very efficient. iOS is geared towards cutting down the learning curve, not towards working quickly. Turn Wifi on and off again on your iphone --- 6 clicks. I would have to do that at least 6 times a day. So for me the lack of widgets alone is reason enough to stay away. You can't change things to operate your way. Of course, if your way is the iWay then you are doing great --- but we are not all working the same way.
Read my other posts. Thanks. Doing it the "iWay" is no different than any other manufacturer or operating system putting a certain function into place. I never said anyone has to work the same way. If i led you to that conclusion then my apologies. The point is that the function is still there, it's not like I have to jump through hoops to turn off wifi, BTW its 3 clicks (settings, wifi, off) hang on my fingers are now cramped.

Where is your functional argument. I have been saying throughout this thread that that iOS devices are not crippled as some would believe. I guess ignorance really is bliss.

If wifi on/off really bothers you because that's the only thing you fiddle win all day then that's fine. Go to another phone or device for that one feature, I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy an iOS device. In fact I wish the kindle fire had come out sooner so I could tell my dad to buy my mom the fire instead of the fire.

Me...I never turn off my wifi because I work from home. When I take the family out I don't turn it off. I don't see a point in bothering with it. Maybe your device has a reason for having to turn it off and on again 6 times a day, in fact i'm sure there is, why would you need to mess with it ao much. Again, that's my use case. It certainly wasn't a selling point for me.

Next....
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote