View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 05:33 AM   #42
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
Is the Kobo Glo really comparable? I have not seen one but the comparison that I saw on Youtube was very unflattering to the Kobo. The Kobo screen tinted all of the the text blue when the light was bright and in typical use the lettering was much more black and white on the pw.
I think NNolan is spot on, the review maybe makes it look a lot worse than it actually is. In terms of the quality of the light the PW is probably the best, but the blue tinge to the Glo isn't that noticeable. Most people won't even see it unless they compared it side by side with a Kindle for example. Then again some might find it a little cold, and the light is also brighter on the Glo. Some find it a touch too bright in a dark room, and perhaps if your eyes are sensitive they might tire more easily using the Glo than the slightly warmer, less harsh light on the PW?

The light on the Glo is however a lot better than the Paperwhite in that it's more uniform across the screen. It doesn't suffer from colour blotches at all and has far less shadows.

Comparing a 'good' Paperwhite screen to a Kobo Glo with them both set at similar light levels there will probably not be a great deal to choose between them, but at least with the Glo you know what the light and screen will be like before you buy it, whereas with the Paperwhite, there doesn't seem to be any guarantee!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote