View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floeee View Post
yeah at first installing calibre i have set the name of the main directory to "ebooks" and now its creating a folder also called "ebooks" on my DR, where my feeds are getting saved

so i wanted to change this

installed calibre new and deleted the hole "ebooks" directory (because got some strange failure messages while moving the library) and now im saving them into a folder which i named "calibre"

but if i transfer my feeds to the DR its creating the folder "ebooks" again and in this folder a new one is called "news" which is finde, but i dont want the main folder "ebooks" because i manage my real ebooks via windows and not with calibre

i want to use calibre only for my feeds
Okay, here's the deal. The directory you chose during installation is where Calibre saves its own internal database and data. It's not where it saves to the reader. You can change the installation directory to whatever you want, but the ebooks directory it saves to on the reader is hardcoded in the program. If you want to change that directory you need to modify the source code to the program. For that, ask Koval, but you'll have to do that again every time you update.

You can either learn to live with the ebook directory or modify the source code. There is no place in the preferences that you can change that.

Right now, if you use Calibre, you will always have that ebook directory. Kovid has made it clear that's not changing anytime soon.

The directory Calibre saves to on the reader is set permanently in the program. To change that, you need to modify the source code of the program itself.

The alternative is to just get used to it like I, and others, have done

Hope this clears things up.

Edit: repetitive, but this keeps popping up pretty regularly. Maybe make it sticky in the Calibre forum

Last edited by animedude01; 09-16-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: clarification
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote