View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 07:30 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
eReader on the verge of being discontinued? (Symbian first)

We have no way of authenticating whether or not this is true, but according to a PDA247 reader, eReader for Symbian may no longer be supported.

Quote:
I have stopped purchasing any more books at eReader, even though in the past I have bought dozens. The reason? When I asked them if they planned to upgrade their Symbian reader to support all the new S60 v3 devices coming out, they said they had no plans to do any further updates for Symbian devices.
If it's indeed eReader's plan to abandon the Symbian platform, this would be an extremely disturbing development, since, at least to my knowledge, there's no other software solution available to read e-books in encrypted eReader format. If you happen to be a loyal eReader customer with a Symbian device: dump your phone and get something real, like a Palm Treo, or abandon your personal bookshelf with all the eReader e-books you've purchased for "lifetime".

Yet another example why closed DRM in the long run isn't going to help anyone, last and least, the customer.

Related: eReader.com Vice President on DRM and its obstacles, eReader DRM Flowchart, DRM: The bigger they are, the harder they fall
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote