View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #6
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I have been looking for books to read in my local library and so far I have been convinced that the library has nothing. I tried a list of fifty books that I might read this year and looked to see if they had any of them and the answer was no they did not have any of them. So I looked again for fifty other books that I have not considered reading but might in 2015 and they did not have any of those either. That makes 100 books that they did not have, I am thoughly convinced that my local library does not have anything wether I want to read them or not. Anone having luck finding ebooks at their local library?
Whew, it was not until your last sentence that I realized that you were only referring to ebooks.

My local library system still has a fairly limited selection of ebooks that interest me, but I generally follow the addition of new books (about once every month) and there are generally from zero to six I make note of. The good news is that if I want one of the ebooks from my local system I can usually obtain it immediately, or with a fairly short wait.

The selection at the FLP is much more extensive, but usually requires a lengthy process of putting a hold on titles I am interested in.