View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #69
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I read one English translation of the Quran. I found the prophet too intolerant. Not all of Islam are America's enemies but our mortal enemies are indeed Islamic. In summary, I have no problem if Amazon is indeed showing some religious bias here.
There may indeed Muslims who are mortal enemies of the US, but there also mortal enemies of many other stripes, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Communist, Capitalist, Anarchist, Fascist, etc. Any country as wealthy and powerful as the US and which is not afraid to use that power to either invade or economically sanction its rivals/geo-political whipping boys will end up with mortal enemies of many stripes. As for what you believe about the Qur'an, all I can say is that it should be judged according to the truth it conveys. Tolerance is a social policy; I don't think it is either true or false. It is simply more or less pragmatic in a given social context.

Luqman

Edit: But again, these issues have nothing to do with what we are discussing. I don't think Amazon is prejudiced against Muslims. I simply noticed an apparent pattern and was curious about its explanation.

Last edited by luqmaninbmore; 10-08-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Clarification