View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'm at a computer all day and work and most nights at home. So I had a separate pair of glass for the computer (mid range) and bifocals for near and far. (I wore contacts for over 35 years, and I'm having a lot of trouble acclimating to the loss of peripheral vision just switching back to glasses - I'm just not ready to work with trifocals or no-lines).

Anyway, if I'm awake and not feeling tired *and* the lighting is good, I can read using the computer glasses - just holding the book further away. If the lighting isn't great or it's been a long day and I'm tired, I'll up the font size. Or I'll put on the bifocals and read using the bottom frame in the bifocal.

I can't really tell if giving you a "font size" would help, though. I find that the books seem to default to different sizes, so in one book, I have to set it to 14 pt, another to 16, another to 20. And those all look the same. (I suspect that's because I sometimes hard-code a font size, and the Pocketbook treats that like the default expected font size - whatever size the firmware assumes is normal?)
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote