Thread: Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:34 PM   #11
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by solara View Post
Okay, just got my 5" EZReader and thought I'd throw out some suggestions and thoughts.

First, loving the reader!

Second, it does not handle LIT files very well as many have reported - so had to use Calibre to convert to ePub format - awesome software.

The search feature is nice but a hassle to use because of limited buttons. I would NOT want a keyboard like the Kindle either, so I suggest that they change the firmware and enable the scroll tab/wheel on the right so that we can scroll through the letters during search, and then push the tab in to select a letter for searching. And hopefully once they add a dictionary, it can have predictive search where it will have common word suggestions like most phones do.

The page turn buttons on the left clearly show the origin being Chinese - the lower button is to turn Forward for Chinese books. But for the U.S., that would be going Back. It's harder to use the Top button for going forward when the reader is in the case and being held by one hand (for non-Chinese books). Would be nice to be able to have it user-definable to go forward or backwards for those buttons. Should be easily done with firmware change.

Minor, but reset button - would be nice if it were on the side/top/bottom instead of the back. Hate having to take it out of the case to reset.

Another minor: the three tabs of the case, the top two work well, but the bottom one doesn't hold very well and allows the reader to slide left and right a little bit. Would work better if it had a left/right tabs for the bottom too, for a total of 4 tabs.

Going to try and compare it to the Sony 5" at the store and see how the page turn speed compares.

Interesting comments on the reader. Funny, I am left handed so I feel the page turn buttons are very aptly placed (the drudgery of a left-handed minority life )....

The landscape mode is perfect to me. the bottom buttons are easy to push and I can push the buttons and hold the reader easily with one hand.

U can use fb2 to make the screen turn 180 degrees and then You will have your buttons on the right side. However, I agree that the option to flip the screen any four ways for reading in all formats would be optimal.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote